Monday, July 21, 2008

1089

In cop land, 10-89 is the code for a bomb threat. Yesterday evening, I received a call from a lady claiming to have found a bomb. Police were sent out to try to determine whether or not it legitimately was a bomb. After a while, the officers that were out there called for more back up as well as the ATF bomb squad. After that the Secret Service and Fort Hood (the local army reservation) were notified of the bomb and their bomb squads were sent out as well. Turns out, they had a pretty serious bomb and maybe even more than one. Also, the guy that lived in the house (who fortunately wasn't there) is violent towards cops and keeps loaded assault rifles and shotguns in his house. So thankfully this ended up being much less worse than it very easily could have been. And I was the one that got to put all of this information into the system!

Here's a link to the news story:

On an entirely different note, I started to work out today! My current goal is to meet the FBI admission requirements. For those of you that don't know, that would include 45-50 sit-ups in one minute, 45-50 sec for a 300-meter sprint, 40-50 untimed push-ups, and a 1.5 mile run in 10:00 - 11:30 minutes. We'll see how long, if ever, it takes me to get there.

And Tracy, just so you know, I'll put pictures of my apartment in my next post.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

"if ever"? So dramatic! Haha! We can definitely get to FBI standards in the next two to three years!